Thank you for what you have done, and please visit JCICS to see what you still can do!
Here is the Copy and Paste from that page:
5 Ways to Help Us
1. Today, please read the Joint Council Position Paper on I-600A Renewals at www.jcics.org.
2. Today, send an email in support of the Joint Council Position Paper on I-600A Renewals to Joint Council at email@example.com and the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org.
a. Joint Council will deliver a petition supporting an immediate resolution, including all emails, to USCIS on October 18th. To be sure that your email is included, please send your email no later than October 16th.
3. Today, go to Adoption for All: the Fairness for Families Petition and sign the petition.
a. Joint Council, in collaboration with Adoption For All organizers David Yurkovich and Dianne Pearce, will present the petition and all signatories to Congressional leaders on October 18th. To ensure that your signature is included, please sign the petition no later than October 16th.
- 4. On October 14th, 15th, and 16th, contact your Congressional representatives, both in the House and Senate.
a. Joint Council is working with Members of Congress and seeks their participation in resolving this issue.
b. You can find your Senators’ phone numbers and email addresses at www.senate.gov.
c. You can find your Representative’s phone number and email address at www.house.gov.
d. Include the following in your calls and emails.
· A brief explanation of the situation.
· “I/we understand that USCIS is actively engaged in seeking a resolution to the I-600A issue. I/we respectfully ask the Senator/Congressperson to contact USCIS and express their support of efforts to find an immediate resolution to the I-600A Extension issue.”
· A kind ‘thank you’.
5. Stand ready to expand and intensify your efforts if needed.
Joint Council may contact you with a revised Call To Action if needed
Okay, so, we wanted help, and JCICS is once again helping adoptive families. Please visit their website for more in-depth information and answers to your questions and concerns.
Thank you, and thank you, and thank you again for your help, your efforts, and your friendship!