Friday, October 3, 2008

A Comment on Upsetting People:What Is True?

Hi All~
We received this comment today:

~I just talked with my agency because I was freaking out about the getting out of line thing. They said the comment about changing agencies is not true. The i600/i800 only has to do with the us govt, not with china. No one is in danger of losing their place. Please take this off this blog as it is not correct and causing undue stress to waiting families. ~

Well, the commentor is right, and wrong.
It is true, this paperwork is only a USA thing, and has nothing to do with China.
BUT
If your agency is not Hague-accredited (and many are not; I personally know of 10 that aren't), the USA will force you to switch agencies.
WHEN you switch agencies, you will be forced to tell China.
CHINA DOES NOT CURRENTLY ALLOW WPs TO SWITCH AGENCIES FOR ANY REASON EXCEPT AN AGENCY GOING BANKRUPT or OUT OF BUSINESS.
So, if the US government FORCES you to go I800A, and that FORCES YOU to change to a Hague-approved agency, China WILL force you to pull your dossier and resubmit.
How do I know this? I asked agencies; I asked LWB; I asked China.
I know that in the China adoption process we are often subject to sensationalistic rumours that get us upset and go nowhere. If you know me at all, or belong to the Rate Your China Adoption Agency group or the Worth Waiting For group, you know that I have consistently de-bunked those rumours. I think saying stuff that is upsetting without knowing if it's true is wrong. I don't/won't do that.
I really appreciate the comment, because I'm sure a lot of people think the same thing.
TRUTH: if your agency is not Hague-approved, and you get forced to switch to I800A, you will have to get a new agency (with all the fees that entails).
TRUTH: if you get a new agency, China will recognize you only as a new dossier with a new LID.
Do you want an LID of 2009 after having an LID of 2006? I do not.
Please sign the petition and pass the truth on.
http://www.gopetition.com/online/22112.html
Thanks so much again for the great question!
Di

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering why they don't say that on the JCICS website? I'm not saying that what you have heard isn't true....Just wondering why the JCICS isn't saying it. What a mess this all is!

chad-roscoe said...

I don't know, but they have confirmed it with us.
Best~
Dianne